Auto Insurance in Florida
Florida’s mild weather and beautiful coastlines make it an ideal state for year-round road trips. If you plan to hit the road anytime soon, make sure you have adequate auto insurance. At InMore Group Inc. we can help you choose an auto policy that suits your unique protection needs. Here’s what you should know about auto insurance in Florida.
Types of Coverage
Auto policies vary in the coverage they offer depending on the type of protection you need. Factors like your driving experience, type of vehicle you drive, and personal lifestyle will affect the coverage you choose. In Florida, you can get the following coverage from the most basic auto policies:
- Collision – to cover collision damage to your car
- Comprehensive – to cover vehicle theft and damage to your car caused by non-collision events like hail, vandalism, or animal strike
- Uninsured Motorist – to cover damage to your car if it’s hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver
- Liability – to cover injuries and property damage to others in accidents you cause
- Roadside Assist – to cover towing costs to a nearby repair shop if your vehicle breaks down unexpectedly or refuses to start
Collision, comprehensive, uninsured motorist, and roadside assistance coverage are all optional. Liability insurance, however, is required of Florida drivers. Whether you drive in Miami FL or anywhere else in the state, you are required to carry minimum liability coverage.
Importance of the Right Auto Insurance Coverage
Lack of coverage can cost you dearly in the event of an accident. If you cause an accident and don’t have enough liability insurance to cover damages, you could be sued for these costs. If you lack collision coverage, you’ll have to cover damage to your vehicle out of pocket if you have an accident.
For help in getting quality auto coverage at an affordable cost, call or visit InMore Group Inc. serving residents in Miami, FL.